Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Do Overs

Do overs are pretty great, aren't they? You make a wrong turn, you just loop around and try again. You score poorly on a test, you get to retake it. You burn the toast, you get two new pieces of bread and pay more attention the second time around. And of course, the biggest do over of all, forgiveness.

That's what this blog is about today. I'm starting over. I kind of abandoned this blog a while back. I work part-time for a faith-based non-profit (say that five times fast). When I leave there, I pick up two of my favorite Short Ones (a great-nephew and -niece), and we hang out for a couple of hours. Then I go home and start dinner for my family. After dinner, I try to get some writing done on whatever my current WIP (work in progress) might be. Right now, there are three. So the blog was pretty far down the list of priorities. But with a tiny prod from a couple of friends, I'm giving it another try.

I don't promise any world-changing views or news. I won't even promise to blog on a regular basis, because I am, after all, the self-proclaimed World's Worst Blogger. Really.

What I can promise is a lot of random topics and, hopefully, a lot of smiles. You might have noticed the name of my blog is The Happy Heart. That's me. I try to find a bright spot in the darkest situation. I just believe life is too short to be miserable.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has an off day occasionally. Flat tires, spilled coffee (okay, that's a tragedy in my eyes), bad hair days (hello, I have naturally curly hair in one of the most humid states in the south), and the list goes on, all the way to losing a loved one. I've had pretty much all of those things in my life, including losing my parents--and by the way, it doesn't matter how old you or they are, it still hurts.

But in the face of bad days, whether it's spilled coffee or death, am I not immensely blessed? Do I not have innumerable reason to smile? Reason for my heart to be happy?

So let's see how this goes. I'll blog about whatever strikes my fancy (see, nothing earth-shattering). Hopefully, I'll make you smile once or twice.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are giving this another go! And, uh, I can give you a run for your money on The World's Worst Blogger bit. Keep it up, Lady.

    ReplyDelete