Tuesday, July 3, 2012

On My Way!

Well, a week after my two self-published books hit the "shelves" on Amazon, I can proudly say, for the first time in my life, that my love of writing has earned money.  Okay, it's not even enough for a full tank of gas at this point.  But it's a start.

I continue to pray on a daily -- well, hourly is more like it -- basis.  I pray that my husband and I have made the right decisions.  I pray for the flow of words to continue.  I still pray that, if it's God's will, that I find an actual job; and I don't believe it's wrong for me to pray that if I'm supposed to have a "real" job, that it be something I can be happy doing.

You see, I spent five years at a job with which I had a love-hate relationship.  I loved every single thing about the job except for one:  one of the owners.  This particular person could turn my normally positive attitude on its ear, making me angry, hurt and frustrated by her constant criticism.  Don't get me wrong; I believe we all learn from constructive criticism.  Destructive criticism, however, only damages.

The longer I stayed at that job, the more I found my anger affecting my very walk with God.  It is difficult, if not impossible, to have a heart that is right with God when you are constantly bitter, hurt and angry.  Perhaps I wasn't strong enough, or good enough, I truly don't know.  All I know is that, since leaving that job, walking away from that anger, I have found my heart -- my happy heart again.

So in the midst of financial struggles, I thank God every day for leading me back to myself.  I thank Him for the opportunity to follow this dream.  And I ask for His blessing on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment